Artist's Statement

My name is Yooree Park and I am a college student at Hunter College here in NYC. I am unofficially officially a media major minoring in journalism, following my passion for creative digital works. I first found a love for taking pictures and videos on a DSLR when I was in middle school. I didn't know what I was doing then, but that pushed me to keep practicing and hone my skills. I'm still learning and building my assets, taking inspiration from everyone around me. When I am using my camera, I get pulled in by people's emotions, which provokes me to capture them in the rawest form possible; whether that be through a portrait or a video, I try to create work that resonates with people.

I like to make engaging content for viewers that allow them to not only see what happened, but to feel it, as well. In life, we all experience thousands of photos which pass by the human eye every millisecond, which make up the memories we keep inside our heads. however, sometimes those memories fade very quickly, or they lose certain emotions that can only be conveyed by reliving certain moments. Short event videos/ promotions can help people to relive and debrief through those certain moments before our memories and emotions all fade to black.


Comments

Popular Posts